Ad Code

ENGLISH GRAMMAR CLASS 10 PART-4


 


ENGLISH GRAMMAR CLASS 10 PART-4

1.Split the following sentences

a) They postponed their visit as the program was called off.

- The program was called off. So they postponed their visit.

b) Having fought the battle he returned victorious.

- He had fought the battle. Then he returned victorious.

c) He poured some water into the glass and drank it.

- He poured some water into the glass.

Then he drank water.

d) He was afraid lest he be proved guilty.

- He was afraid. He may be proved guilty.

2. Join the following pairs of sentences into a single sentence.

a) He is wise. He is brave .

-He is not only wise but also brave.

-or, Besides being wise he is brave.

b) My grandfather leaves in a big house .

The house is by the river.

- My grandfather leaves in a big house which is by the river.

c) I got a new book . I felt happy.

- I feel happy to get a new book .

-or , Getting a new book I feel happy.

d) Muskan is sick.

She could not attend the function.

- As Muskan is sick ,she could not attend the function.

or, Being sick Muskan could not attend the function.

Post a Comment

0 Comments