Ad Code

CLASS 7 ENGLISH UNSEEN

 l arrived in London at last. The railway

station was big, black and dark. I did

not know the way to my hotel, so

asked a porter. I spoke English not

only very carefully, but clearly as well.

The porter, however, could not

understand me. I repeated mny

questions several times and at last he

understood. He answered me, but he

spoke neither slowly nor clearly 

but I could not understand him. "I am a

foreigner", I said. Then he spoke

slowly, but I could not understand him.

My teacher never spoke English like

that! The porter and I looked at each

other and smiled. Then he said

something and I understood it. "You'll

soon learn English!" he said. I wonder

in England, each man speaks different

language. The English understand

each other, but I don't understand

them! Do they speak English?


Question 1: The writer asked the porter

A. How to speak English.

B. Where the railway station was. 

C. The direction to the hotel. 

D. If he could speak English. 


Question 2: The porter couldn't

understand the writer because

A. The writer didn't speak English very

carlefully

B. The writer repeated the questions

several times.

C. The porter didn't know English.

D. The writer's English was unusual.


Question 3: The writer's teacher of

English

A. spoke English differently from English

people.

B. never spoke English in class.

C. didn't speak English slowly.

D. didn't work as a porter.


Question 4: In England

A. People understand one another

without speaking English.

B. People speak English, which is not like

the one the writer studied at sochool.

C. People don't speak English at all.

D. Each person speaks a different

language.


Question 5: Which of the following

statements is not true?

A. The writer expected every one in

England to speak like his teacher.

B. At last the writer understood what the

porter said.

C. The porter didn't feel angry with the

writer.

D. The porter always spoke English

slowly and clearly.

Post a Comment

0 Comments